As you likely know, I hosted the Carnival of Aces for October 2016, on Joining the Asexual Community. If you’d like to know more, you can read the Call for Submissions. Late pieces will still be accepted for a reasonable amount of time, in case you’d like to submit them.
This month, eleven pieces were submitted, ten of which having been written for the carnival specifically, and I really enjoyed reading all of them. In order of submission, they are:
- Yoonede (at Feral Child’s Guide) wrote “Primary Need“
- Allison (at AcepeciallyAwesome) wrote about how one simple question changed their life forever.
- Sara K. (at The Notes Which Do Not Fit) wrote “Three Steps into the Asexual Community“
- Jasper (at Jasperusal) wrote about being just as much in the asexual community as they want to be
- Dee (at Ramblings Of An Aro Ace) wrote “Perceptions of A/Sexuality“
- Lib (at A³) wrote about the role of the internet in their engagement with the asexual community
- Mara/Elijah (at Grey is My Favourite Colour) wrote “Tales (and How Not to Tell Them)“
- Emilia (at Spacey Acey) wrote “Asexual Communities and Me“
- S. (at Asexuality in A Sexual World) wrote “Asexual Community“
- Kasey Weird (at Valprehension) wrote about how they feel like more of an ally (albeit a welcomed one) than a member of the asexual community
- Laura (at (Purr)ple (L)ace) wrote “Finding myself at home with the ace community… before realizing I was ace myself“
(Those without unique titles having been given short summaries. Also, please tell me if I missed yours! Contact details are still in the Call.)
Unfortunately, I did not get around to writing my own piece for the Carnival because I ended up with generally less free time this month than I had expected to have, and I never quite had enough steam to finish a piece.
It has been my pleasure to host the last Carnival of Aces, but now I must pass on the torch to fellow blogger Dee, at It’s An Ace Thing. The subject is “Relationship Anarchy“. I’m pretty excited about it, myself. While I’m at it, last month’s was on “Asperger’s and Asexuality” hosted by Robin Enby.
Side note: In case any of the above Tumblrs change URL, they have all been reblogged to my own Tumblr with the tag #CoA1016.